Friday, July 17, 2009

CPE Toledo, OH

“Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” -Matthew 25:24-36

Well, I've been quite busy with the intensive experience of CPE, but I'm doing well with it. From being quite overwhelmed in the beginning with learning how to handle trauma ministry to becoming relatively at ease in visiting patients, families, and medical staff, I'm starting to enjoy the ministry. It's a little crazy working multiple shifts since we keep chaplains at the hospital 24hours a day. However it's a really good experience, and I'm stretching well into it. It's really been a healthy time of growth for me. Now it is only about three weeks until I finish the program August 7th. I have also enjoyed being able to visit with some friends from college in Toledo, Ohio who I am living closer to now. I'm convinced there is definite need to serve people's spiritual and emotional needs when their dealing with health, death, suffering, and relational crises in the hospital. Sometimes it's taxing work for me being rather compassionate to deal with my emotions around the difficulties after work, but I know that this ministry is so needed.

Blessings to those called to hospital chaplaincy. But I don't think this is my prime vocation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home