Saturday, May 30, 2009

Clinical Pastoral Education -CPE



I finished the first three days of orientation to Clinical Pastoral Education at St. V's Hospital. I'm pretty much overwhelmed with all the dimensions of work in a hospital. From security to patient privacy to documentation to patient spiritual care there's just a ton of stuff to learn! I guess I just need to remember the point of all this is to best serve the people who come to the hospital sick or visiting a loved one. Each person can be weighed down by all manner of difficult experiences, life questions, and worries about their beloved. Honestly I'm frightened and humbled to step into such an important role of chaplain serving people in a place of medical care. Yet I trust that God's love is all the more present in such situations of vulnerability. Surely God will take up where I'm lacking and more! It reminds me to stay faithful in prayer trusting God's providence.

After I commit my life to the Missionaries of the Precious Blood on Wednesday I begin chaplain shifts next week Thursday 2nd shift. You might offer a prayer for me and the people I meet as I enter very unknown territory.

Dios de bendiga!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home