Thursday, June 05, 2008

Llegue cuidamente en Guatemala

I arrived safely in Guatemala around midnight on Tuesday. As soon as I checked in for the flight my connection changed from Houston, Texas to Mexico City. I was surprised by the change but just went along for the ride. The only problem I had was finding how to change terminals in the airport in Mexico City. After asking four different people I was able to find the train between terminals. When I arrived in Guatemala I was really happy to find Padre Noe waiting for me at the airport.

The guys in Guatemala are great. They are very warm and friendly and welcoming. I am surprised by how much Spanish I can understand and communicate. However it is really challenging to try to speak and understand spanish all day long. I know that I will learn a lot though and be speaking more and more spanish in no time.

Tomorrow I travel to Xela or Quetzaltenango to meet the family who I will live with while I go to spanish school. I am excited and a little nervous about traveling the road to Xela. It will be a good adventure riding the bus. I´m very thankful that I have been with my religious community for the beginning of my time in Guatemala. They have helped me a lot in starting to get to know Guatemala and Guatemaltecos (Guatemalans).

Hasta Luego y Dios de Bendiga (Until later and God Bless), Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home