Saturday, October 27, 2007

Poster Boy?

It's an amusing story how I picked up this nickname that has become my screen name. In college I was helping with a prayer group where we reflected on the bible and sang praise and worship songs. The group was fairly small, and we were all friends with a good camaraderie. During one of the group discussions a friend jokingly commented on how I was like the "Poster Boy of Piety!" and we all cracked up laughing.

Back in college I was clearly showing signs of a religious interest and projected an image of holiness (perhaps I was a little holy and a little holier-than-thou ;-) ). Now I think this nickname also reflects my enduring idealism that continues to hope that our visions and dreams for a better future could actually come to reality.

Oh, God our Father, may your kingdom come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home